Let’s take a look at some of the numbers that the Cardinals have put up against Carlos Zambrano from 2001-2012. Shane Robinson, Tyler Greene and Tony Cruz have not faced him in the past.
- Yadier Molina has 41 at bats with 8 hits and 1 homer while fanning 6 times and a .195 batting average.
- Skip Schumaker comes in with 12 hits, 1 home run and a .333 average and .925 OPS.
- Furcal has 2 RBI’s and 2 hits with a .233 batting average.
- Carlos Beltran has faced Zambrano 21 times and is batting a dismal .143.
- Matt Holliday has never homered off of him but has 4 walks with 5 strikeouts.
As a team the Cardinals have batted .242 with 3 home runs and a .313 OBP. This is not a good sign because we remember how Albert Pujols did damage against him while a member of the team.
Kyle Lohse has had Carlos Zambrano hit two home runs off of him in the past and Logan Morrison leads the team with a .600 batting average. Stanton has hit .375 and Ramirez is at .313 against the Cardinal right-hander. Lohse is 2-1 in his last 7 starts over the Marlins with a 5.64 ERA but held them hitless through 8 innings in the season opener.